Sunday, September 13, 2015

Tanda of the Week 37/2015 - Juan D'Arienzo / Walter Cabral - Valses - DJ Antti Suniala

World of Tango festival 2015, Tampere Finland.





I have the pleasure of DJ'ing at the grand milonga/concert of the World of Tango Festival the coming Saturday! The festival has an amazing line up of great tango orchestras and DJ's as well! It will be an honor to "share the stage" with the orchestra La Juan D'Arienzo, one of the hottest tango orchestras of today following the style of Juan D'Arienzo (1900-1976).

----------


1. Juan D'Arienzo / Walter Cabral - "Un placer" 1936 - TangoTunes
2. Juan D'Arienzo / Walter Cabral - "Irene" 1936 - TangoTunes
3. Juan D'Arienzo / Walter Cabral - "Tu olvido" 1936 - TangoTunes 

 https://open.spotify.com/user/anttiveikko/playlist/1ogcr4jVoPHLCoUAGzH3uphttp://www.deezer.com/playlist/1374195805I can't believe I haven't posted these lovely valses by D'Arienzo with Walter Cabral before! Then again, after five years of tandas I can't be very sure anymore. Which reminds me of the task of updating the tags for artists and styles. I'll start using tags like "D'Arienzo - Vals" and "D'Arienzo - Instrumental tango" from now on. I hope it helps with navigation of the site and finding what you might be looking for.

Enjoy!

------------

Check out the video below of "La Juan D'Arienzo".


4 kommenttia:

  1. Delightful! I'm sad no more D'Arienzo and Cabral valses than these three are available, but I find they fit well alongside J'DA's instrumental valses too, e.g. a tanda of two instruments then one of these songs to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Re "the orchestra La Juan D'Arienzo, one of the hottest tango orchestras of today following the style of Juan D'Arienzo", Londoners might like to know they are visiting in November http://tangueando.net/la-juan-darienzo/

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of those singers of the "golden" times reminding me to a billy goat.

    ReplyDelete